We, the peaceful, passionate, and diverse members of the March for Science, pledge to work together to share and highlight the contributions of science, to work to make the practice of science more inclusive, accessible and welcoming so it can serve all of our communities, and to ensure that scientific evidence plays a pivotal role in setting policy in the future. We will:
- Build a scientific community that works toward the common good and serves all people.
- Strengthen the bonds of mutual respect and communication between scientists and the public.
- Ensure that policymakers have and use the best-available science to inform decisions that affect the public.
- Support scientists if they are censored or punished for disseminating scientific evidence.
- Hold political leaders and policymakers accountable if they silence, ignore, attack, or distort scientific evidence.
- Fight discrimination, exploitation, and inequity in the scientific community.
- Work to make sure that scientific research and scientific careers are made more accessible to people from historically underrepresented and marginalized backgrounds.
- Advocate for the rights of every child to receive a quality science education and to access the technologies and tools that shape our world.
- Encourage participation in the electoral process at every level to link scientific advocacy with civic action and public accountability.
- Pass on to future generations our values of curiosity, free speech, free inquiry, and critical thinking.